Friday, October 06, 2017

'Our minds can be hijacked': the tech insiders who fear a smartphone dystopia | Technology | The Guardian

'Our minds can be hijacked': the tech insiders who fear a smartphone dystopia | Technology | The Guardian:



But notification technology also enabled a hundred unsolicited interruptions into millions of lives, accelerating the arms race for people’s attention. Santamaria, now 36, who now runs a startup after a stint as the head of mobile at Airbnb, says the technology he developed at Apple was not “inherently good or bad”. “This is a larger discussion for society,” he says. “Is it OK to shut off my phone when I leave work? Is it OK if I don’t get right back to you? Is it OK that I’m not ‘liking’ everything that goes through my Instagram screen?”

No comments: